Contact Privacy is a service that hides your identity (address, phone number, email address) whenever a WHOIS lookup is done on your domain name.
You can add Contact Privacy when you register your domain, or when you renew or edit your domain.
Note: There is a small annual fee for the Contact Privacy service.
When you register or renew a domain, Contact Privacy is selected by default and added to your shopping cart. Contact Privacy is charged on a per year basis, so the price you see depends on the registration or renewal term that you choose. If you don’t want to add Contact Privacy, simply remove the checkmark in your shopping cart to deselect it; your price will be adjusted accordingly.
To add Contact Privacy to an existing domain
- Click Manage, and log in to your account.
- Beside the domain to which you want to add Contact Privacy, click Contacts.
- At the bottom of the page, click where indicated to purchase Contact Privacy.
- Review your shopping cart, and then click Done.
- On the Summary page, enter your payment information, and then click Buy Now to complete the process.