Domain forwarding is a service that is available with your domain registration. It allows you to redirect visitors to another website (that you own) when they type your domain name in the browser address field.
To set up domain forwarding
- Click Manage, and log in to your account.
- Beside the domain that you want to redirect, click Domain Forwarding.
- In the URL field, enter the address of the destination website.
You can specify the URL, for example, http://www.yourcompany.com/yourexamplesite.html, or you can specify the IP address, for example, http://126.96.36.1999.
- Click Enabled to implement domain forwarding.
- If you do not want your website address to appear in the browser address field, select Masked from the drop-down list. When visitors type your domain name in the browser address field, they are sent to your website, but they still see your domain name in the address field. If you do want the website address (the destination) to be displayed in the address field, ensure that Masked is not selected.
- Optionally, in the Title field, enter the text that you want to appear in the browser title bar.
- Optionally, in the Description field, enter a short description of your website.
- Optionally, in the Keywords field, enter some descriptive words that a visitor might use when searching for your website. Separate each word or phrase with a comma.
- Click Save.
Please allow 24 to 48 hours for your change to propagate throughout the Internet.