If there’s a domain name you’d like to register, the first thing to do is to check whether the name is available. If it is available, registering the name is a very simple procedure.
To register a domain
- On the Home page, enter the name you want in the text field and click Find.
The search results page tells you whether the name you want is available and displays some similar or related names that you might want to register.
- If the name you want is available, simply click the checkbox beside the name. You can choose any of the domain names that are listed on the results page, and you can use the text field at the bottom of the page to search for additional names. The domain names that you choose are added to your shopping cart.
- When you’re ready to review your choices and check out, click Done.
- On the next page, choose the registration term and any available options for each of the domains that you selected. You can register domains for up to 10 years.
If you decide not to purchase a domain that is in your shopping cart, simply click REMOVE beside the domain name.
- Click Done to confirm your choices.
- If you are a new customer, complete the fields in the First-Time Customers section and click Register and Continue. All fields are mandatory except for Organization Name and Phone Extension. Passwords can be 4 to 20 characters long and must contain at least one digit.
Once you set up your account, a confirmation email is sent to the email address that you specify, and all future email correspondence will be sent to that email address.
- Alternatively, if you have already registered as a customer, enter your username and password in the RETURNING CUSTOMERS section and click Log in and Continue.
- On the Summary page, review the items in your shopping cart, select your method of payment, click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions, and then click Buy Now to complete the registration process. Your credit card statement will showSHOPCO DomainName as the merchant for this purchase.
(In place of DomainName you will see the domain name that you purchased. If you purchased more than one domain, your statement will display the shortest name, to a maximum of 15 characters.)