What is G Suite?
G Suite by Google Cloud is of cloud computing productivity and collaboration software tools and software offered on a subscription basis by Google. You might be thinking: why do I need that? All this stuff is free anyway. The actual benefit is not very apparent until you dig into the details.
- You can use your own domain – Even though it’s Gmail, your email will show up as “email@example.com”
- You also have management tools that allow you to control all the emails and tools for each user. If you have every employee sign up for their own Gmail, then they are on their own and you have no control.
- If that employee leaves, they take all those old files, emails and other documents with them.
- This tool also allows for a high level of collaboration between those on the same network.
- With the control panel, you have full control on top of an enterprise level platform.
Thousands of Universities, schools and businesses are using this tool daily. As an example: Harvard, Stanford and Brown University.
What is included?
So, how much is it?
For $5 a month per user you get the following:
Please Note: as of April 2, 2019, the price will be increased to $6 a month per user for the G Suite Basic Edition.
- Business email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Voice and Video calls
- Shared online calendars
- 30GB of cloud storage for file syncing and sharing
- Online text documents, spreadsheets, and slides
- Easy to create project sites
- Security and admin controls
- 24/7 phone and email support
For $10 a month per user you get the following:
Please Note: as of April 2, 2019, the price will be increased to $12 a month per user for the G Suite Business Edition.
- Unlimited Storage
- Advanced admin controls
- Audit and reporting insights for Drive content and sharing
- Google Vault for eDiscovery covering emails, chats, docs, and files
- Easily search and export to different formats
- Archive all emails sent by your company
- Set message retention policies
- Place and enforce litigation holds on inboxes