You can register domain names for the following second level .AU domains: .ASN.AU, .COM.AU, .ID.AU, .NET.AU, and .ORG.AU. The organization that regulates .AU requires you to enter the following additional information to show that you meet their residency requirements:
- Registrant Name – (Required) The legal entity, such as a company, incorporated association, government agency, or individual person; cannot be a registered business name or trademark.
- Registrant ID – The identifier of the registrant (for example, the business or trade license number). Choose the registrant ID type from the associated drop-down list.
- Eligibility Type – (Required) The reason that you are eligible for the domain name. The Eligibility Type must correspond to the Eligibility Name. For example, if you are using your company name to register the domain, then the Eligibility Type is Company. If you are using your Registered Business Name to register the domain, then your Eligibility Type is Registered Business, even if you are also a company.
- Eligibility Name – The name of the person who is eligible to register the domain.
- Eligibility ID – The eligibility document identifier. Choose the eligibility type from the associated drop-down list. You only need to complete this field if the value is different from the Registrant ID, for example, when you are using a registered business name or trademark to make yourself eligible for the domain name.
If you later change any of the registrant information, you will need to enter the reason in the Reason for change text box.